- Business card
- Business class
- Business ideas
- Business license
- Business management
- Business park
- Business plan
- Business school
- Business solutions
- Financial aid
- Financial group
- Financial management
- Financial services
- Financial statements
- Home business
- Personal Finance
- Savings account
- Small business
- Wealth management
How to Apply for a Best Buy Credit Card
Meet the minimum qualifications. Before you apply for a Best Buy credit card, you should know in advance that you need to be at least 18 years of age in the United States (at least 21 years of age in Puerto Rico). You must also have a Social Security Number and a driver's license or government-issued photo ID.
- Please note that meeting these minimum qualifications does not guarantee that your application will be approved. It simply means that you are able to move forward and begin the application process.
Create a BestBuy.com account. The first step to applying for a store credit card is to go to BestBuy.com and create a Best Buy account. If you've already created a BestBuy.com account, you can simply sign in through the store's website. If this is your first time creating an account, you'll need to include personal information to create the account and determine your eligibility, including:
- first and last name
- email address
- phone number
- the password of your choosing
- My Best Buy member ID (if you already have one)
Complete the application. Once you've created an account through the Best Buy website, you can proceed to the application. You will be redirected to the form through Citigroup Inc., or you can navigate to the application by going to BestBuy.com, clicking the
"credit cards" tab at the top of the page, and selecting "apply now." The form will ask you for personal, financial, and security information, including:
- your email address
- your full name
- your home address (no P.O. boxes permitted)
- your phone number
- your annual income
- your monthly mortgage or rent payments
- your date of birth
- your social security number
- your driver's license or government-issued photo ID number
- the expiration date of your photo ID
Choose your type of card. Once you've completed the application, you will either be approved or denied. If you are approved, then you will be asked to choose which type of card you want: the My Best Buy credit card (store card), or the My Best Buy Visa card.
- Both cards offer the same in-store rewards and promotional financing offers. The Best Buy Visa Card offers additional rewards on other everyday purchases outside of Best Buy.
Agree to interest rates and fees. Once you've finalized your application and chosen your desired card, you'll need to agree to the Best Buy interest rates, charges, and fees. The Annual Percentage Rate (APR) on purchases will vary somewhat depending on the current market rate, but will generally be around 25.49%. Interest charges are a minimum of $2, though they may be much higher.
- Interest is applied whenever payments are overdue. The due date for payments is at least 25 days after each billing cycle ends.
- Late fees and fees for returned payments can be up to $37.
Await your new card. If your application is approved, your card will be sent through the mail. It should arrive within 7 to 14 days of your application's approval.
- Approval online is fairly quick. You should know within a minute whether or not you've been approved.
Category: Business card